Managing DirectorCompany: Charleston Stage
Date Posted: January 17, 2018
CHARLESTON STAGE, South Carolina’s Largest Resident Professional Theatre, in residence at the Historic Dock Street Theatre, and celebrating its 40th Anniversary season, seeks an experienced Managing Director to manage and oversee general operations including finance, marketing, box office operations, human resources and development. This is a full time, 12-month position. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental and 401K plan. Applicants should send a letter of application, resume and three references to Producing Artistic Director, Julian Wiles, at email@example.com. For more information, visit www.charlestonstage.com.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in management in a non-profit theatre setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and successful experience working with staff, artists, board members, volunteers, foundations, and community and business leaders.
- Experience in team building and staff development.
- Exceptional financial expertise to understand non-profit accounting and cash-flow analysis.
- Experience managing human resources.
- Ability to analyze financial and other data in the development of strategic plans.
- Solid scheduling, organization and task management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in soliciting governmental, foundation, corporate, and private gifts
- A major commitment to arts education.