Program ManagerCompany: Center for Women
Date Posted: January 2, 2018
The Program Manager must be able to think strategically and innovatively for the program while working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Program Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure. Duties may be confidential and require discretion, judgment, and tact.
This position provides management and oversight of several core programs including, but not limited to:
- Founder’s Lab, a 3-part program designed to help women launch and grow their business
- Annual Women’s Conference, a 2-day learning experience focusing on personal and professional development
- Pathways to Politics, a 6-part classroom style program geared to help women move into civic and community leadership roles
- Additionally, a core function of this position will be to assist the Executive Director in the creation of a new women’s leadership institute to provide high-quality, affordable professional development opportunities for women in the Lowcountry.
- Develop and implement programs from start to completion that help women develop professional leadership skills and establish successful businesses under the direction of the Executive Director
- Collaborate community partners, chambers of commerce, and other community agencies to advance our position in the community and to strengthen our programs
- Recruit and manage program volunteers and interns
- Develop annual program budget and provide financial management oversight of the program
- Provide detailed and accurate program reports and presentations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine opportunities to improve/expand the program
- Develop annual strategic operating plans for the program including deadlines, benchmarks, milestones and processes
- Conduct workshops and trainings as appropriate and/or engage expert trainers for programs
- Class preparation to include e-mailing, development of materials, promotion, networking with co- sponsors and collecting necessary data from program participants
- Create, oversee and maintain a webinar series
- Develop and deliver networking programs
- Develop a robust volunteer program of coaches, trainers, and mentors to work with clients
- Knowledge of E-Tapestry in order to input/monitor payments, program attendance/registration and generate reports and
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in leadership development, career counseling, business administration, nonprofit management or a related
- Experience in conducting coaching and program development
- Experience in and/or demonstrated understanding of the entrepreneurial/microenterprise field
- Willingness to travel and work as part of a team
- Proven skills in constituency outreach with a sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing and decision-making skills
- Experience in budgeting and budget development
- Energetic self-starter with dedication to mission of helping women connect for success!
Deadline for applications: January 15, 2018. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.