Individual Giving and Stewardship ManagerCompany: Spoleto Festival USA
Date Posted: December 7, 2017
For 17 days and nights each spring, Spoleto Festival USA fills Charleston, South Carolina’s historic theaters, churches, and outdoor spaces with performances by renowned artists as well as emerging performers in opera, theater, dance, and music. Now approaching its 42nd season, this non-profit is internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival.
Individual Giving and Stewardship Manager
Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, South Carolina is seeking an experienced fundraising administrator to oversee and grow the Festival Circle individual giving program—gifts ranging from $100 to $1,249—and to manage the administration of the entire individual giving program of over 1,100 individual donors.
The Manager reports to the Associate Director of Individual Giving and manages all operational aspects of solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of individual Festival Circle donors. The ideal candidate will have exemplary organizational skills and a strong passion for the institution.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, develop a detailed strategy and timeline for the annual fund
- Successfully and effectively solicit donations from individual entry and middle-level donors
- Cultivate leads for individual middle gifts and assist in moves management for middle and major donors and prospects
- Manage stewardship and recognition programs for individual low and middle donors and work closely with Associate Director on cultivation, stewardship and recognition programs for major donors
- Create compelling materials for solicitations including personalized correspondence from volunteers, email communication, direct mail appeals, and printed information
- Design, oversee, and orchestrate the individual giving benefits fulfillment program
- Manage the orchestra sponsorship program, an additional giving initiative that assists in funding the Festival’s 80+ group of resident young musicians
- Work with the Associate Director to organize specific donor events during the Festival and assist on all other special events throughout the year
- Work alongside the Special Events Manager to oversee Spoleto SCENE, the Festival’s membership group of over 300 supporters in their 20s and 30s
- Manage all aspects of the direct mail campaigns, including production and scheduling of the pieces
- Define goals and develop strategies for upgrading donors, converting ticket buyers to donors, and increasing retention rates
- Work with the Associate Director to determine the appropriate mailing lists for the annual campaign mailing and other direct mail projects
- Work closely with the Development Administrator and Development Operations Manager on processing gifts, tracking reports, direct mail appeals, and acknowledgments
- Minimum of two years work experience in fundraising or a related field
- Experience writing solicitation and communication materials, including appeal letters and collateral materials
- Must have initiative and be a self-starter
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to effectively track and manage many relationships at the same time
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline-oriented and analytical with a working knowledge of donor/customer databases and online research tools
- Must be flexible and able to adapt as priorities change with a willingness to step in and provide assistance in other areas of the institution as needed
- High energy and comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities while displaying tact, maturity, and flexibility
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.