Director of Marketing ProgramsCompany: Water Mission
Date Posted: December 5, 2017
Director of Marketing Programs will work with the VP of VIP to set the strategy and lead the teams responsible for executing an integrated growth plan focused on advocacy, constituents and revenue. This individual will be responsible for blending the marketing and development efforts of the organization into one cohesive force, with those departments moving in a singular direction to meet the organization's goals. The specific areas of integration for growing Water Mission's outside relationships include peer-to-peer connections; special events/walks; and third-party fundraising, public relations, communications and marketing efforts designed to engage local, national and international audiences. Focus is on sharing what God is doing through the ministry and intentionally developing relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships that will facilitate the ongoing funding of Water Mission programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in marketing, business, and/or communications.
- Fifteen plus years of experience in executing marketing activities with demonstrated, skills, knowledge, and successes, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Project management skills and demonstrated experience in successfully managing a team to accomplish a desired outcome.
- Demonstrated success in developing PR, communications and/or marketing plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write a compelling story.
- Demonstrated success in creating and driving marketing campaigns using new and traditional outlets.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities while maintaining a positive team approach to working with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work with senior leadership and emerge as a strategic advisor on how to best represent Water Mission to external audiences.
- Embraces and pursues data driven decision making. Knows what data is of value, how to get it, and how to interpret it to allow for optimizing outcomes.
- Establish and direct marketing and communications strategy including:
- Programs and activities that drive constituent and revenue growth.
- The acquisition of marketing assets including stories from the field, videos and photography and coordinate the use of these assets in development efforts.
- The creation of communications and marketing materials such as the Annual Report, brochures, impact reports, etc.
- Messaging and content creation, ensuring the accuracy of information included in development and marketing campaigns (which consist of direct mail, email, web and social marketing elements).
- Social media activity aimed at driving constituent growth. o Website updates including new content and functional improvements.
- Strategic oversight over a comprehensive PR plan designed to increase awareness of the Water Mission brand locally, nationally and internationally.
- Lead PR/Communications efforts during a Water Mission disaster response with a goal of creating awareness about and generating revenue for the effort.
- Manage the development and release of stories that communicate the impact that Water Mission is making around the world.
- Manage the PR consulting team that edits and pitches news releases and stories about the work Water Mission is doing.
Planning and Budgeting Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Marketing Program’s missions, goals and financial objectives are achieved.
- Develop short and long-range plans and budgets for all Marketing Programs and activities and evaluate success of programs.
- Stay informed of developments in the area of marketing, communication, PR and nonprofit efforts especially related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and use that information to best position Water Mission’s efforts in these areas for optimized growth.
- Integrity and Truth (Core): Follows through on commitments and agreements, admits mistakes in spite of potential for negative consequences.
- Decisiveness (Core): Makes decisions in a timely manner when the options and consequences are clear, takes charge of a group when it is necessary to facilitate either action or a decision.
- Results Orientation (Core): Sets stretch goals, strives to achieve goals, develops standards against which to measure behavior and performance.
- Leading and Directing Staff: Strives to model Jesus’ servant leadership style, by displaying purpose, principles, and values when casting vision, building organization and focusing efforts.
- Attention to Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas clearly, creatively identifies and utilizes effective communication methods and channels.
To apply please click HERE.
For questions, please call 843.769.7395