Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Telefund and MarketingCompany: The Citadel Foundation
Date Posted: November 13, 2017
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Support The Citadel Foundation’s mission to secure, manage, and steward philanthropic support for The Citadel. The Assistant Director shall oversee the day-to-day operations of the Cadet Call Center while creating, organizing, planning and implementing new ideas to improve and maintain the program. Additionally, they will be responsible for the overall digital marketing and fundraising aspect of the Annual Giving department.
REPORTS TO: Director of Annual Giving
DIRECT REPORTS: Call Center Supervisors and Cadets
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
Call Center staff and shift management
- Manages nightly calling shifts. Assigns calling pools daily to ensure performance consistency. Evaluates calling procedures to identify opportunities for improvement in process, efficiency, and accuracy. Establishes nightly productivity goals. Develops and oversees the caller performance monitoring program. Maintains a professional, enjoyable and productive atmosphere
- Manages student calling and leadership staff. Maintains a staff of 1-2 student leadership members (managers and supervisors). Develops, implements, and enforces employee policies and procedures. Manages the day-to-day activities of the student managers. Establishes criteria for regular student fundraiser and student fundraising manager performance reviews, evaluation, including promotion and termination when appropriate. Participates in weekly student leadership meetings. Provides high-level caller performance feedback, both individually to callers and anecdotally to student leadership
- Prepares calling materials and scripts, including talking points and objection response, and other support materials. Segments and assigns calling pools. Assists with the evaluation of technology (equipment, software, and hardware). Manages special projects from various constituencies. Works with Ruffalo Noel Levitz CampusCall software to ensure callers have updated and accurate calling information.
- Collaborates with campus constituents, including but not limited to, Stewardship, Legacy Giving, Class Reunion Campaigns and The Citadel Brigadier Foundation, to develop telefund strategy.
- Pulls regular performance reports regarding activity at Call Center and shares all relevant data to various units. Reviews data continually and makes appropriate decision. Monitors Call Center trends and informs management of any findings
Marketing and Digital Fundraising
- Coordinate with Stewardship and Communications regarding digital acknowledgements, recognition, and on-going communications and continued cultivation.
- Work with various constituents to develop content to encompass all social media and web-based platforms. Ensure content is consistent with The Citadel’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop strategies and metrics for converting new stakeholders to ongoing donors and to generate appropriate content to engage donors.
- Oversee Young Alumni Program including but not limited to providing support for young alumni giving, overseeing young alumni giving societies, and educating young alumni on The Foundation.
- Oversee design and execution of Young Alumni appeals and events.
- Must maintain relationships and work cohesively with The Citadel Brigadier Foundation and The Citadel Alumni Association.
- Serves as the Staff Advisor for the Cadet Philanthropy Council on campus.
- Engages and educates the student population on philanthropy.
- Lead on Cadet Philanthropy Week to increase student participation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education / advanced degree preferred
- At least three years of experience in related development/fundraising, preferably within higher education
- Considerable knowledge of call/contact center environment, statistical analysis, project management and database management
- Experience writing and editing donor-centered fundraising content for a wide range of digital media
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of personal computer based software (i.e. word processing and spreadsheet applications)
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. Successful candidate must have flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced work environment and the special needs of donors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially students, alumni, and volunteers
- Familiarity with and affinity for The Citadel and its mission, including its core values of honor, duty and respect
- Evening and weekend work is required
- Experience in annual giving and/or higher education philanthropy
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Ruffalo Noel Levitz CampusCALL
- A history of innovative solutions to marketing challenges
- Experience motivating large groups of hourly employees
- Additional experience in fundraising, public relations, and/or marketing
CLASSIFICATION: Salary, Exempt.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.