Campaign ConsultantCompany: Winkler Group
Date Posted: October 26, 2017
Headquartered in Charleston, SC, the Winkler Group is a national full-service fundraising firm that specializes in customized capital campaigns, planning studies, and strategic fundraising planning. Through our servant leadership model, Winkler Group clients achieve an average of 117% of capital campaign goals. The firm has experienced growth in each of its thirteen years and is today one of the most respected firms of its kind in the country.
With degrees from schools such as Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn, Wheaton, and William and Mary, and experience as CEOs, vice presidents of advancement, chief development officers, directors of development, and major gift officers, our consulting team represents the best and the brightest in the profession.
The Winkler Group serves leading academic institutions, national and international charities, civic and human service organizations, hospitals, as well as cultural organizations. The Winkler Group team of consultants has served on capital campaign teams raising more than $1 billion.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- An attitude and work ethos of servant leadership.
- 10 years of professional fundraising experience, with a focus in major gifts and capital campaigns.
- Experience in higher education/academic advancement.
- Extensive experience in capital campaign management, preferably experience managing comprehensive campaigns.
- Experience as a fundraising consultant.
- Ability and success in identifying, cultivating, and securing major gifts.
- Attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to work effectively with board members, executive leadership, staff, volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing volunteers.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, flexible, and adaptable personality.
- Exceptional quantitative, qualitative, and analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, various donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and/or CFRE preferred.
- Flexibility to start immediately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Campaign Consultant must work collaboratively with clients to identify, design, implement, and manage customized plans and solutions for fundraising initiatives. The Senior Campaign Consultant will be expected to travel to provide on-site leadership to clients. A sampling of responsibilities during a client’s engagement may include:
Planning Studies and Capital Campaigns
- Serve as lead counsel on planning studies and capital campaigns.
- Develop customized campaign plans, solutions, and strategies.
- Craft individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Create campaign documents, policies and procedures, and communication strategies.
- Set campaign direction and manage day-to-day operations.
- Direct identification, research, evaluation, cultivation, stewardship and tracking of prospects and donors.
- Lead regular campaign meetings with executive leadership and staff.
- Lead, manage, and motivate volunteer committees, activities, and training programs.
- Provide regular and consistent campaign progress reports.
Strategic Planning and Development Assessments
- Conduct personal interviews with key internal and external constituents.
- Track quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Analyze planning study results, organizational structure, strategies, staffing, resources, budget, volunteer support, and donor databases.
- Prepare customized written analysis and recommendations.
- Deliver findings to executive leadership.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Winkler Group offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, opportunity for bonuses, plus a generous benefits package, which includes medical, vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Please submit resume, cover letter, recent salary history, and references to Laura Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.