Each year, the AFP Lowcountry Chapter awards several scholarships to members who are committed to excellence and career development. These scholarships provide funding to participate in local and national professional development programs and are annually awarded for the AFP Lowcountry Summer Institute, other chapter-related educational opportunities, and the AFP National Conference.
To apply, send a letter of interest and scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline for the 2013 program year is November 2012. Applicants will receive notification of the funding decision in December.
To be considered applicants must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
* Total organizational budget of less than $1,000,000
* Employed in the fundraising field less than three years
* Executive Directors who spend more than 25% of their time fund raising
Scholarship recipients will be expected to comply with the following:
* Attend Scholarship Orientation in January
* Attend four of the six membership meetings (last Thursday of the month at noon)
* Attend two of three AFP Lowcountry special events (Professional Development Seminar, Summer Institute and National Philanthropy Day)* Participate on an AFP committee (seasonal)