Director of DevelopmentCompany: Center for Women
Date Posted: May 7, 2018
- In partnership with the Executive Director, lead the creation of an aggressive annual fundraising plan to secure financial support from individuals and corporations via diversified activities including annual major giving, direct support, special appeals, membership, and program and event sponsorship initiatives
- Generate contributed revenue to support the Center’s $530,000 annual operating budget
- Cultivate relationships with current and prospective funders and supporters, especially individual donors
- Manage coordination and income generation for special fundraising events including annual Charleston’s Most Influential Women’s event, Signature Speaker Series, and annual Women’s Conference
- Determine and fulfill member and sponsor benefits throughout the year
- Assist the Executive Director in aiding the Board of Directors with their own fundraising efforts, particularly on special events and special projects
- Serve as a public representative of the organization, including cultivating relationships with community members, including prospective donors, volunteers and supporters to build awareness of the Center’s work
- Conduct donor prospect research, prepare reports, briefings materials, correspondence, proposals and related documents for solicitation of major gifts
- Keep meticulous donor tracking records in eTapestry donor database, including contact information, donor profiles, donor visit call reports, event attendance, and volunteer engagement to support the moves management process and ensure institutional memory of donor relationships.
- Ensure proper, accurate, and timely gift entry and gift receipt processing according to IRS guidelines
- Coordinate media and public relations efforts and opportunities to promote the organization’s programs
- Oversee preparation of high-quality collateral materials for use in donor solicitations
- Participate in Board of Directors meetings and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising reports as requested by the Executive Director and Board.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- 3-5-plus years of experience in fundraising with a track record of success in securing gifts from individuals and corporations
- A strategic thinker who can initiate as well as implement
- Excellent written communication skills; able to write persuasively about the organization to various constituencies
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including designing, implementing, and tracking multiple campaigns and programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, disciplined, and sometimes unpredictable nonprofit environment
- Willingness to travel and work as part of a small-office team
- Understanding of database management systems and moves management principles
- Knowledge of eTapestry or other donor database management system and Microsoft Office products
This position is based in Charleston, SC. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Center for Women offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com with subject line of “Director of Development.”
Deadline for applications: June 1, 2018. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.