Director of Resource Development – Jasper CountyCompany: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry - Jasper County
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Position Title: Director of Resource Development – Jasper County
Location: Ridgeland, SC
Supervisor: Unit Director – Jasper County Club
Salary Grade: 37 ($38,000 - $50,000 annually)
Position Available: May 1, 2018
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements which follow are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- · Development Plan. Collaborate with board and staff to create and manage an annual comprehensive development plan. Performance against this plan dictates future compensation adjustment.
- · Project Management. Work on multiple projects simultaneously within limited timeframes. This requires excellent organizational skills, efficient time management and careful attention to detail.
- · Board Relations. Report of development activities at board meetings and collaborating with key committees. Work with the board to develop prospect lists and relationships to continue the donor, corporate and foundation giving pipeline.
- · Donor Relations. In cooperation with board of directors and staff, sustain and enrich club’s donor base including individuals, local businesses and corporations.
- · Annual Campaign. Lead and direct solicitation of donors for annual “Support-a-Child Campaign”.
- · Marketing. Oversee internal and external marketing activities. Manage Club’s website, social media outreach and publicity. Interface with outside vendors to produce collateral resource for Support-a-Child and special events. Serve as liaison with all media.
- · Special Events. Support and facilitate board committees responsible for fundraising events and activities.
- · Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for non-profit agencies and organizations.
- · Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- · Project management skills, including prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- · Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- · Proficient computer skills, including donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred) management, generating reports and social media.
- · Impeccable honesty and integrity.
- · Commitment to being a high-performance team player.
- · The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Requires valid state driver’s license and good driving record; must meet state-required automobile insurance minimums.
- · Occasional lifting of boxes may be required.
- · Acceptable background check.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- · Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately relevant field such as marketing, business, public relations or communications from an accredited college or university.
Experience: A minimum of three years in resource development preferably in non-profit agency operations. Work experience in the Boys and Girls Club Movement (national or local) is an advantage. Computer Proficiency is required.
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.