Resource Development Officer - Corporate DevelopmentCompany: Trident United Way
Date Posted: March 5, 2018
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Title: Resource Development Officer
Reports To (Title): Director of Corporate Development
Job Type: Officer
Department: Corporate Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Date Last Reviewed: March 05, 2018
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to successfully run the Annual Campaign for a select portfolio of companies and the solicitation and maintenance of individual major gifts within the portfolio. This position is also responsible for working collaboratively with other departments to ensure the success of organizational strategies and initiatives.
Essential Function 1: Manage Relationships
- Manage relationships and maintain year-round engagement with assigned donors/corporations to ensure long-term partnerships and support of TUW’s programs
- Manage relationships for a portfolio of assigned donors and corporate partners including relationship management for Major Gift donors within portfolio
Essential Function 2: Implement Fundraising Campaigns
- Create and implement a plan to achieve the campaign fundraising goal(s) in portfolio(s)
- Plan, organize and conduct the Annual Campaign in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Secure support of corporations, individuals and foundations for assigned programs and initiatives.
- Analyze and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of past workplace campaigns to develop strategies and plans for continuous quality improvement
- Monitor resource development progress and project anticipated results.
Essential Function 3: Support and Manage Volunteers, Fundraising Staff and Affinity Groups
- Provide training & support for Resource Development volunteers
- Support and facilitate affinity group activities
- Supervise temporary staff as assigned.
Participate in the identification, recruitment, orientation and training of all levels of resource development volunteers. Conduct meetings with volunteers on a regular basis to assess progress.
- Provide direction and support to Resource Development committees. Assist in setting goals, task identification, motivational ideas, timetables and schedules for responsibility areas, recognition and reporting.
- Organize and execute resource development team projects as assigned.
- Participates as a champion, project lead, and/or member of organizational development teams as required.
Align resource development activities with all activities inside Trident United Way.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree or relevant experience ok.
Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience, or 5-7 years of related experience (business, outreach, sales, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively relate to a diverse audience
- Proven planning skills with the ability to successfully implement a project
- Superb organizational and time management abilities. Must be able to prioritize and manage numerous projects
- High-energy team player; able to work effectively cross functionally
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Good supervisory skills, including motivation and leadership of volunteers
Good general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management
- This job requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker must frequently use typical office equipment (telephone, copier, printer, fax, etc.).
- Worker sits most of the time.
- Worker communicates with constituents, clients, and/or partners by phone and in person.
Routinely required to walk and regularly travel by car.
Primarily works in climate controlled office-based setting.
Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.