Director of PhilanthropyCompany: Planned Parenthood South Atlantic
Date Posted: October 26, 2017
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for planning and implementing a fundraising development program within an assigned service area with an emphasis on securing major gifts in selected sites via private funding for general operations, special campaigns and restricted priorities. This position is located in Charleston, SC but some travel is required, as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Devise, implement, and manage effective, creative, and often original strategies designed to individually and systematically interest, engage, and secure a wide range of key prospects to meet or exceed departmental and organizational funding goals.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major gift prospects and donors that is comprised of many of the affiliate’s most important relationships within an assigned service area; works in consultation with the Vice President for Development, the CEO and key board and other volunteer leaders to discuss and devise individually tailored major gift strategies.
- Implement initiatives in assigned service area and affiliate-wide for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, stewarding, soliciting and recognizing gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Assist the Vice President for Development in setting fundraising goals, creating affiliate-wide strategic development plans, establishing fundraising systems to support the sustainability and expansion of PPSAT, and engaging the Board of Directors.
- Assist in securing sponsorship support for special events in selected sites that contribute to expanding and stewarding the donor base and raising public awareness.
- Assist in building and securing foundation and corporate support in selected sites and affiliate-wide, including preparation of grant proposals and compliance with grant reporting.
- Meet fiscal year Development Department’s goals within their assigned regional area.
- Support efforts to raise public awareness and political influence in collaboration with Education and Public Policy staff.
- Provide expert advice on creation of promotional materials and marketing efforts that raise visibility and support for PPSAT.
- Collaborate directly with CEO, Board of Directors, and Managers as appropriate to facilitate soliciting and securing private funds for selected sites and affiliate-wide projects.
- Provide leadership role in assigned affiliate-wide development projects.
- Motivate and coordinate efforts of volunteers, especially the work of Community Councils, involved in raising funds and public influence.
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations governing fundraising by a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team and identifying solutions.
- Adheres to affiliate policies and procedures including meetings and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance, and following personnel policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising development.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal personal skills and work well with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to work independently, as part of a team and have strong team-building skills and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to analyze data.
- CFRE preferred.
- Prefer demonstrated supervisory experience of volunteers and/or administrative staff.
- Pay Grade 3
- $59,300 - $71,400 per year
Planned Parenthood South Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer.
A complete application includes a cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
TO APPLY: visit our job site: jobs.lever.co/ppsat