Development and Special Events CoordinatorCompany: Camp Happy Days
Date Posted: August 7, 2017
The Development and Special Events Coordinator works with the Executive Director, Director of Development and the Development Committee on all fundraising tasks including the annual fund, Happy Campers Club as well as special and third-party events, donor pipeline and development, marketing efforts and activities that ensure the organization meets its short term and long term goals.
- Manage the Annual Fund and major special events such as the Gala, Corks for Kids, golf tournaments, etc.
- Manage and update donor database in Raiser’s Edge and special events in Greater Giving.
- Write and mail acknowledgement and gift in kind letters in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with donor presentations.
- Assist with all other fund-raising campaigns.
- Coordinate and help promote third-party events.
- Maintain photographic database.
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Development in developing all printed marketing pieces: brochures, annual report, advertisements, banners, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Work with external media firm to keep them informed of all fundraising and program events for public relations, media and event collateral. Work with media firm on website updates and social media campaigns and communications.
- Be an active member of the Development Committee
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function independently and as an active team member.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail and task oriented.
- Ability to multi-task with a positive attitude.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Experience working with a range of donors.
- Assist with making fundraising solicitations.
- Experience and working knowledge of software, web-based programs, and social networking sites: Microsoft Ofﬁce, Raiser’s Edge, Excel, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of related experience in development.