Director of Development & MarketingCompany: Charleston Promise Neighborhood (CPN)
Date Posted: July 31, 2017
Charleston Promise Neighborhood (CPN), was designated as a 501c3 nonprofit organization in 2010, and exists as a community convener and capacity builder for transforming “The Neck” area of Charleston County into a prosperous community for 22,000 current and future residents. The results of this community-wide transformation will be realized over the next generation through six strategic areas of focus: education, healthcare, parent involvement, community engagement, employment and housing. The core of our immediate work is to strengthen the capacity of four Neighborhood schools through the implementation of evidence-based programs and collaborative coordination of community partners. CPN’s mission is to ensure our Neighborhood is a place where residents are engaged in their community and every child is on track to graduate high school with the abilities necessary to succeed in college, the military or the workforce. For additional information, please visit www.charlestonpromise.org
The Director of Development & Marketing (DDM) is responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising strategies, with an emphasis on prospecting, writing strong cases for support, and grants reporting. The DDM builds a solid fundraising infrastructure, through management of a volunteer Development Committee, cultivation and stewardship of existing and prospective donors, and maintains CPN’s ever-growing donor database. This position manages communications with the media, website content, and social media efforts to raise awareness about CPN. The ideal candidate flourishes in a team-based environment and has demonstrated abilities in fundraising, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is a self-starter, with the proven ability to initiate and create effective and impactful fundraising and marketing plans, with little direction; provides exceptional customer service; exhibits professionalism, while paying close attention to detail with budgetary projects; and has the ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Minimum 6-7 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in building and managing fundraising systems and processes
- Proven track record of raising funds in excess of $2 million
- Experience (and successes) with the development of cases for support and grants management, corporate fundraising, and individual donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Experience managing a donor data base.
- Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts (written and oral form)
- Exceptional writer and editor
- Experience creating marketing collateral, press releases, developing and editing website content, etc.
- Experience in developing an integrated and comprehensive marketing and communications plan and timeline
- Experience developing printed materials, presentations and communications that reflect a high degree of professionalism
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience working within a nonprofit organization with fundraising responsibilities, including grant writing and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of eTapestry or other fundraising software
- Experience with social media and website communication
- Strong project management skills and technology skills
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with and managing donor relationships, interns and volunteers
Licenses and/or Certifications required:
- Current drivers’ license, with current automobile liability insurance
- Background check
Please email a compelling cover letter, résumé, writing sample, salary requirements, and 3 professional references in one attachment with Director of Development & Marketing in the subject line to: DDMsearch@charlestonpromise.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.