Development CoordinatorCompany: Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach
Date Posted: June 12, 2017
Position: DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Reports To: Director of Development
Job Summary: As a member of the development team, the development coordinator works with the director of development to ensure fundraising success. He/she will execute fundraising activities including, but not limited to: annual and one-time events; daily gift processing, donor acknowledgement, stewardship, and solicitation; Raiser’s Edge database management. This position requires management of high-level volunteers, volunteer committees, and the recruitment, management, and stewardship of event sponsors and vendors.
Education/Certification: Bachelor Degree
Qualifications/Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, collaborative work space software, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; organizational and managerial ability, event planning skills, project management. Minimum of 2 years event planning and fundraising experience. Proficiency in Word Press, Microsoft Publisher, or other web and design software preferred.
● Coordinate fundraising and stewardship activities including events, online and offline campaigns, daily gift processing and acknowledgement, mailings, etc.
● Responsible for event coordination, execution, and follow up for OLMCO’s two annual fundraising events - the Auction and the Golf Tournament, and other one-off events; work closely with DoD to reach event goals and manage expenses
● Process cash and gift-in-kind donations, scan and enter gifts into the Raiser’s Edge database; execute timely acknowledgments to donors, including honor/memorial acknowledgments
● Manage the Raiser’s Edge database; stay up-to-date on enhancements/changes to the software; train other staff on data entry, quality control, report writing and other output from the database as needed
● Work closely with Finance to ensure cash is handled properly and donations are recorded accurately; reconcile contributions with Director of Finance
● Coordinate with the mail house/printing company and execute mailings, invitations, etc.
● Manage the monthly giving program “Faithful Hearts”; process monthly gifts and recruit and steward donors
● Provide excellent donor care; implement and execute donor stewardship activities and recognition
● Create an analysis on the return on investment of our events and other fundraising activities; prepare income/expense budgets, compilation and analysis of event statistics, evaluation of media coverage, etc.
● Attend work-related committee meetings; coordinate and oversee various meetings, as requested
● Assist with the coordination and recognition of event volunteers
● Work with staff and volunteers to build strong networks with the local community, businesses, churches, etc to cultivate sponsorships and partnerships and to increase OLMCOS’ visibility and brand awareness
● Help identify and develop relationships with local businesses, corporate sponsors, and other potential partners
● Work with the volunteer manager to recruit, orient, train, and monitor performance of volunteers to organize events that meet or exceed the established fundraising goals
● Create letters, flyers, press releases, and other digital and written communication to increase public awareness of events and/or mission/program
● Research, document, and implement best practices related to gift processing, fundraising, events, and donor care
● Responsible for inventory of collateral materials and stationery
● Perform research, typing, and filing including electronic filing and document retention
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies/groups, webinars, etc.
● Assists and attends other agency events as needed or required
● Work with ED to organize staff retreats, trainings, etc. as needed
● Maintain monthly staff meeting sign-up sheet for reflection/staff leader
● Welcome/farewell recognition for staff, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
● Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach, treating all people with dignity and respect
● Other duties as assigned.
FLSA Status: Exempt, full time employee
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Work is performed in a fast‐paced and sometimes stressful, professional office environment with noise moderate levels. Position requires employee to effectively use a computer at a workstation for long periods of time and to accommodate potentially frequent interruptions. Must be able to lift 15 – 25 pounds.
Schedule: Business hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our standard work hours may vary based upon position requirements. Additional hours may be required during peak times, which may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines. All work hours above standard hours must have pre-approval of supervisor.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.