Manager of Community DevelopmentCompany: East Cooper Meals on Wheels
Date Posted: April 3, 2017
Purpose and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute East Cooper Meals on Wheels’ annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and businesses
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization and expand applications in the area of healthcare focused foundations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Business Operations Manager for the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
- Collaborate with the President and Business & Operations Manager to create an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress of grants and individual/business solicitations
- Collaborate with the Manager of Communications and Marketing on a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Provide input for the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Three-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Proficiency in the use of computer for:
- Fund raising software (Bloomerang)
- Word processing
- Internet/Grant Submissions
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the finances of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Flexible: The Manager of Community Development may be required to work selective evenings and weekend days during special events