Annual Giving ManagerCompany: Charleston Parks Conservancy
Date Posted: March 2, 2017
Annual Giving Manager
The Charleston Parks Conservancy is a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring the people of Charleston to connect with their parks and together creating stunning public places and a strong community. Founded in 2007, the Charleston Parks Conservancy unites local resources, leverages support and organizes volunteers to be stewards of Charleston’s urban parks. The Charleston Parks Conservancy believes that parks contribute to a higher quality of life, and better parks build stronger communities. To learn more, visit www.charlestonparksconservancy.org.
The Annual Giving Manager works under direction of the Director of Development to implement the Conservancy’s ongoing fundraising program through annual fund and project campaigns, grant writing and grant management, and managing the Conservancy’s park bench dedication program. He or she will work closely with the Director of Development and other members of the development and marketing team to sustain and increase support for Charleston Parks Conservancy projects and programs. Key responsibilities include soliciting funding through a variety of annual fund and special project direct mail campaigns, gift acknowledgement, prospect research, grant research and writing, communicating with park bench donors, mailing list management, data reporting and analysis, and creating and maintaining records in the Conservancy’s Salesforce database.
- Database Management
The Annual Giving Manager will be the manager of the Conservancy’s donor database (Salesforce). S/he will manage the daily operation of the database which tracks gift/revenue and biographical information on event attendees, volunteers, community gardeners, donors, and other constituents. Management includes all aspects of data input and output. The Annual Giving Manager will:
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of Salesforce data.
- Ensure timely and efficient gift processing and acknowledgement and work with Director of Operations to reconcile monthly donor and accounting records.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
- Support training of other staff in Salesforce and associated applications.
- Use Salesforce data to track progress against fundraising goals and provide regular reports.
- Provide support to Conservancy staff by assisting with creation of reports and mailing lists, developing and implementing database policies and procedures
- Prospecting and Moves Management
The Annual Giving Manager will provide support for Conservancy fundraising initiatives, including annual appeals, project campaigns, and major gift solicitations. S/he will:
- Lead prospect research and screening.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and solicitation by Development Director, Executive Director, board members, and project/campaign committee members.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to create strategies focused on moving prospects into a major gift pipeline as appropriate.
- Plan and implement multiple, customized direct mail appeals annually. This involves working with printers, mail-fulfillment vendors, and key Conservancy staff. Work with Director of Development and Marketing Communications Coordinator on theme and concepts. Work with the Marketing Communications Coordinator to promote solicitation campaigns through social media and website content marketing.
- Provide support to ad hoc volunteer fundraising committees for special projects.
- Grant Writing and Grant Award Management
The Annual Giving Manager will lead the grant proposal and management system. S/he will gather data and be able to compelling grants to support Conservancy programming and track all grant milestones and reports. S/he will:
- Create and maintain a grant solicitation and grant management calendar.
- Generate grant proposal narratives and budgets, under the guidance of the Director of Development.
- Ensure all grant proposal and management deadlines are met.
- Bench Dedication Program Management
The Conservancy provides an opportunity to honor or memorialize a loved one or a significant life event by dedicating a park bench with a plaque. Proceeds from the program support the Annual Fund. S/he will:
- Manage the Bench Dedication program, including prospect cultivation, processing plaque orders and installations, and maintaining bench availability database.
- Overall, the Annual Giving Manager should exercise best practices for donor stewardship and confidentiality and provide excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Proficiency and experience with information technology and basic accounting principles.
- Strong grant writing skills
- Detailed oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Adaptive and flexible with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands. Ability to work well under deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, and to work independently as well as in a team
- The commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in the donor records
- Ability to cultivate relationships with a variety of people (donors, community members, vendors, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and donor databases (Salesforce preferred).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years experience in fundraising, with a preference in annual giving, alumni relations, or related field.
- Experience in managing direct mail solicitation and managing a complex database.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer.
Please send a cover letter, resumé, and salary requirements to email@example.com by March 24, 2017. No phone calls, please.